During my visit to chennai , I had a huge task to keeping my sister and husband entertained , hence began our search for some delicious food . We went to a very small restaurant , not very lavish or anything but a decent one which is more like a mess . We ordered a chicken pakora since it was something my husband took fancy of since he also likes onion pakodas a lot and wanted to try a non-veg version of it.
And Bang on it was , he loved it very much and claimed it was one of the best things he enjoyed in chennai 🙂 . So began our work of re-creating this version and came very close to it . Do try it , I am sure the kids are gonna love it .
- Besan half cup or 25g
- corn flour/rice flour 3 table spoon 10g
- Turmeric powder 1 table spoon
- Salt as per yourself
- Chilli powder as per your taste (add a pinch of chicken masala too..)
- Ginger 1-2 inch
- Valyari /Sauf / fennel seeds crushed half tea spoon (adjust according to taste)
- Mint leaves ,coriander leaves ,curry leaves – one hand full each finely chopped
- Onions 2-3 finely sliced .
- Soda 1 pinch OR sugar 1 table spoon
Mix all these into a thick paste with very little water or no water at all and taste if salt is adequate.Add 250g boneless chicken of medium size into the paste.Once you add chicken it would be very thick paste , let it be , since it will water during marination .
Now marinate it for half hour.
Take oil in pan till piping hot and deep fry the pieces on simmering flame with closed lid until golden red. You can increase the amount of fennel seeds , if you like the taste . Serve it with thick tomato ketch-up or tea and I am sure everyone will enjoy .